At the NHS Forest we are keen to encourage staff, patients and the local community to use the green spaces at healthcare sites. The Community Land Advisory Service (CLAS) offers helpful advice on how to make land available for the local community, and provides support with any issues that may arise.
Managed by Social Farms & Gardens, CLAS operates across the UK and is able to help through:
- Showcasing good practice
- Providing practical, hands-on support where necessary
- Creating useful resources, such as template leases and technical advice
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to complement existing support on a UK, national and local level
- Promoting mixed use – such as local food growing, play, wildlife and community land use in social housing areas
- Raising the profile of CLAS and community land use among landowners, community sector organisations, funders and policy-makers
For more information, visit the CLAS website.