The NHS Forest has just registered its 100th site! Since 2009, NHS Forest sites including large teaching hospitals, mental health trusts and GP surgeries have been busy planting trees. A whole range of activities have occurred at the 100 sites from the restoration of orchards with the fruits being used in the local canteen to tree planting days for school children For more information about individual site activity please see our map www.nhsforest.org/map.
NHS Forest News- Issue #16Published by sarah on Mon, 2013-02-18 16:47
Welcome to the sixteenth edition of the NHS Forest newsletter from the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare for an update on news, events and resources to help you with planting the NHS Forest: growing forests for health. To find out more visit www.nhsforest.org
NHS Forest registers its 100th Site
Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust plants Edibles.
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust has planted 280 trees so far on their NHS Forest site. As part of their Green Spaces scheme, staff have created garden spaces for elderly service-users, one of which was for service-users with mobility issues. A small orchard has also been developed on an underused area of land at one of their sites. Staff and adolescent site users will be able to pick fruit for their on site kitchen. For more information please see their site page: http://nhsforest.org/nottinghamshire-healthcare-nhs-trust-0
League of Friends stocks tree sponsorship gift cards
A number of League of Friends are stocking the NHS Forest tree sponsorship gift cards in their shops. 25% of the sale of each card will go towards the League of Friends with the remaining 75% being given to the planting of the tree and the NHS Forest project. Its a great way to raise funds for planting trees at your site and for raising money for your local healthcare centre too. If your League of Friends would like to participate, please contact the NHS Forest team.
- NHS Sustainability Day of Action 28th March 2012.
-Climate week: 4-10 March 2013
-National Family Week 27th May to the 2nd June 2013
-Clean Med Conference 17-19th September in Oxford.
-If you are holding any tree-planting events, or launching a new NHS Forest site then contact us
Forest News - how many trees have you planted so far?
The current tree count is 17,254, fantastic work but there are even more trees in the ground that still need to be registered, so please update your tree counter to help us reach our target of 1.3 million trees. Do share any seasonal activites you may be up to at your NHS Forest.