NHS Forest Conference 2018
Our last conference was on 27th February 2018 at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol. The theme was 'Your Green Space and Workplace Wellbeing' and we showcased and shared best practice in this area through presentations and workshops. We discussed how sites could be best used to improve workplace wellbeing. The conference was also a great chance to meet NHS, forestry and community engagement professionals.
Our hosts were North Bristol NHS Trust who showed us around their fantastic site including a wildflower meadow, orchard and rooftop herb garden.
The day included:
- Key Note speech on Workplace wellbeing and green prescribing, by Sir Muir Gray, Better Value Healthcare
- Workshop on how to use green space to improve workplace wellbeing
- Presentation: Designing greenspace suitable for health - Sarah Jones-Morris, Landscape Architect and Zoe Banks, Physical Activity consultant
- Presentaton: Activities on site to encourage engagement – Alan Carter, Land Trust, Countess of Chester Country Park
- Presentation: The evidence for the importance of workplace wellbeing – Andy Netherton, Health and Wellbeing Manager, Public Health England South West
- Visit to Southmead Hospital’s NHS Forest site: An opportunity to learn more about the interface between health and the environment through a guided walk
- Networking opportunities
You can read the agenda here.
To book a ticket click here
For directions to the venue please click here